What is BPD?
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a condition characterized by emotional dysregulation. Those with BPD experience emotions very intensely, and it is harder for them to return to a stable baseline after an emotionally triggering event.
- Unstable relationships that alternate between idealization and devaluation
- Unstable self-image
- Impulsive behaviors
- Self-harming behaviors
- Chronic feelings of boredom and emptiness
- Periods of intense moods
- Uncontrollable anger
- Dissociative feelings
- Psychotherapy such as DBT
- Mood stabilizers
- Antipsychotic medication
- 1.4% of the adult population in the U.S. experiences BPD
- 75% of individuals with BPD are women